My Story Project

For L.A, we had to write a story from when we where little. We had to do this because we were reading The Last Cuentista and in that book, Petra finds stories very important. I could not think of a story, so I extended 3 mini stories. Without further ado, witness this disgrace to writing.

Once upon a time, I got a dog. I loved my dog. I played with it, watched tv with it, and played games with it. But one day, I got bored of it being brown and white so I decided to get some paint out. I did not know what color to paint him but I decided on blue. So then I got some blue paint out and painted the dog! Once I had finished painting him, it hit me. My mom would be so made if she found out our dog had been painted blue! So when my mom got home that night, I hid him in the shed! But the next day our WHOLE house was woken up by the sound of barking! Next thing I knew, I was grounded for a week for painting the dog blue and locking him in the shed. The end.

Once upon a time, I wanted to go skydiving. But you couldn’t go skydiving without a permit or a ton of money. So one day I thought of an idea. I was going to make a parachute, and jump off the barn! But I could not do that when my mom was home. I’d get in a lot of trouble. So the second my mom walked out the door, I got to work. I took the sheet and made it into a parachute shape. Then I took some cardboard and taped them together and went to the barn. I had a hard time getting on top with the parachute getting in my face and weighing me down but I got there eventually and I jumped off and then, THUMP! I fell right on my arm! As I lay on the ground the pain started to build! It felt like it was almost going to fall off until my mom got home, took me to the hospital, and when I was better, my dad broke my arm with his belt when he was punishing me. The end.

Once upon a time, we planted a tree. It was a pretty big tree but the branches were pretty thin. One day I decided to climb that tree but I fell and hurt myself. So after that I was never going to climb that tree again. But I loved climbing trees. But I still did not climb it. Every day after school I would play in the backyard and pass it every time, but still, I did not climb it. But one day I passed the tree and started playing in the backyard and saw something that was thin and had a pattern on its back. I just ignored it the first time but the second time, I realized it was a snake! I dashed over to the tree and started climbing. I climb faster that I ever had and made it to the top in what felt like under 10 seconds! I am sitting at the top, petrified, watching the snake when I hear a snap! I look down and I see a big crack in the trunk of the tree and as if in slow motion the tree falls! As I see the ground coming closer, I put my hands out in an attempt to catch myself but I miss! I hit the ground and scream so loud that the trees shake! Then I see the snake coming right  at me! It slithers right in front of me, and looks me dead in the eye and I say “hello sir.”  And he slithers away. The end.